Succesful in life??
I was just wondering how many of us are actually succesful in life. The dictionary says that success is attaining the desired result. When it comes to life, what is the desired result? We desire something and may or may not achieve it. But can we say that we are succesful if we achieve what we have desired?
Well.. thats too much of gyaan.. :-D lets leave those thoughts for people who are better at it.. I was just thinking about the lives of people like me .. who are in some MNC , away from home... All of us dream , dont we.??. and we dream about our future. . As a little kid, my dream was to have a very colourful life... full of butterflies and rainbows .. live in some forest..with a little wooden house surrounded with small lakes and wooden bridges across the lake.. :) The wallpaper model house ( too much,huh ).. AsI grew up , I realized that one couldnt just live an easy life like that.. U have to earn for your living.. During each phase of my childhood, I had different thoughts about my profession.. At times, I wanted to be a nurse, then airhostess, then doctor to space scientist to what not. To make it clear, I dint have a clear idea of what to become in life. I wanted to do something creative.. But wat?? that was the question.. Coming from a middle class family, my parents wanted me to take up a professional course as there is Job guarentee. At that point of time, even I wanted to write the entrance exam as all my friends were doing the same.. 2 years of my beautiful childhood was wasted runnign around tution classes-.. My parents wanted to make me a doctor, but they had to change their mind as I wouldnt even have my dinner on days when I had bio labs... ( a neat trick ;-) ) To my surprise, I got a decent enough rank for the entrance examination and got admission to the best college in the state.. ( One Hurdle over ). After that, like my seniors, I also wanted to get a placement in an MNC and live in a metro city.. It all sounded so cool.. It was like that ws the last hurdle in my life and then I will become the happiest person ... Finally, I got placed in the first company with my friends and we couldnt wait to join..
Its been 3 years now.. Will be joining my second company very soon.. pursuit of a better career...salary..n a work environment with no background politics..(impossible, dont u think?? ).. I have lived in Chennai, Hyderabad and am moving to bangalore now... But every place is teh same... Busy life.. Roads full of traffic.. People wid no time for each other.. even for family. Recently, one of my friends told me that every Wednesday is called "Family day"in their office and they force people to leave before 6.30 so that you can spend the day with your family. :) That is the present situation.. Your employer has to remind you that you have a family waiting for you back home.. N makority of us, take work back home.. We are doing all this in search of happiness .. "Pursuit of Happyness" as they call it..Hoping that some day or the other we will come to a phase when we can just sit back and relax...
I really cherish the moments I spent at home as a kid.. The wonderful places where we used to spend our holidays.. the small restaurants and theatres we often visited.. There s nothing more beautiful than the smell of earth and lots of greenery around you which I miss the most now.. Wherever you turn, u see only concrete blocks.. Sometimes , I feel like they are grinning at us just waiting for an opportunity to pounce on us and smash us .. (Wierd imagination :) ) Still.. I am sure that atleast a few of you will agree to me..maybe its tat 'home sweet home' feeling and the difficulty to adapt to the changing world..Some people just resist change of any sort.. people like me.... but I miss my old life.. I really doubt now if this is really what I wanted to be.When you miss what you love the most every single day, whats the whole point of living..Some days I just feel like runnign away to some quiet country side and sit there alone for the entire day... :-) but it just doesnt happen... I guess we ll have to adjust wid the li'l moments of happiness cos this is where we led our lives to ...
That is life dear.. when i was in college, i had a great time.. no tension, lots of friends around, lots of fun.. but now.. away from home and friends in pursuit of a job.. so take it easy:)
ReplyDeletewe always have choice. We choose to be here, therefore no complaints :)
ReplyDelete